Amherst, New York Labor and Employment Law Attorneys
We handle all aspects of labor and employment law. At Sanders & Sanders, we limit our practice exclusively to employment law. We have represented clients in cases in all of the following:
- Sex Discrimination/Harassment
- Age Discrimination/Harassment (ADEA)
- Race Discrimination/Harassment
- National Origin Discrimination/Harassment
- Religious Discrimination/Harassment
- Martial Status Discrimination/Harassment
- Disability Discrimination/Harassment
- Glass Ceiling
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Mandatory Arbitration / ADR
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Labor Law
- New York Human Rights law
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII
- Section 1981 Claims
- Severance or Separation Agreements
- Whistle-blower claims
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination/Harassment
- Independent Contractor/Employee
- Worker Adjustment and Retaining Notification Act (WARN)
- Anything else affecting the terms and conditions of employment
- Bankruptcy code protects against discrimination
- Defining an ‘adverse employment action’
- Retaliation victims receive wider protections
- Many legal aftershocks after big storm
- Managing perceptions key in claims of retaliation
- EEOC issues new guidelines on discrimination law
- Meeting of the minds Labor lawyers keep options, doors open
- Life after Ledbetter
- Pay disparity claims: Life after Ledbetter case
By limiting our practice to labor and employment law issues, we have gained extensive experience with disputes that arise in the workplace. We know what to look for and how to find the information necessary to understand these situations.
The employer/employee relationship is an important one. Given the long hours most people in America are working, a comfortable work environment is vital. When an employer fails to provide, the consequences can be serious and long-lasting, not just for the employee who has been wronged, but for the employer who risks losses if the unacceptable practices are not stopped.
Everyone deserves a decent place to work. No one should be subject to discrimination and harassment, merely because of who they are or where they work. We can help you determine whether or not your issues are actionable.
We serve clients with labor and employment law issues throughout Western New York, including Buffalo, Amherst, Rochester, Niagara Falls, Erie County and other all surrounding communities including the Southern Tier.
If you have questions concerning labor and employment law, please contact us immediately.